Factom (FCT) News
The 2019 predictions are nearing their end point. So far BallBaggio is closest, with his prediction of $3 per FCT. What a shocker!
In a few months we should open up the floor to 2020 prognostications. With the benefit of hindsight, I'm going to revise my 2019 close out price to $3.50 and go for an ambitious $15 by the end of 2020.
When I try and add Factom as an account on Ledger Live I don't see it as an option, I installed it as an app on the ledger but it won't show as a pulldown option.
I was looking at the various POCs (related to blockchain) the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is currently running, and I was wondering the following:
In what case would the use of a private blockchain be chosen over a public blockchain?
I sometimes hear that private blockchains are nothing more than glorified 'intranets'. Is this really the case? It is known for example that CBP already works with Hyperledger on something. Looking at the various POC's of US CBP, what would be more beneficial to them?
Below is a list of the POCs running at CBP:
Completed Proof of Concepts
- NAFTA/CAFTA Proof of Concept – In September 2018, CBP conducted the North American Free Trade Agreement/Central America Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA/CAFTA) POC, which tested the application of blockchain technology for the entry summary submission process for NAFTA/CAFTA entries.
In-Progress Proof of Concepts
- Intellectual Property Rights Proof of Concept
- POC to facilitate shipments based on known licensing relationships through blockchain (Licensor and sub licensee relationships)
- Verifiable Credentials
- Study to look at legitimizing a business or person via automation
- DHS University Initiative on Blockchain
- Study to look at Purchase Order to Entry
Upcoming Proof of Concepts
- Pipeline Proof of Concept – tentative Summer 2019
- Looking to track oil from spigot to importation
- Properly apply NAFTA/CAFTA
- Tests may be applicable to other like commodities
|24h Low / 24h High||$4.12 / $4.54|
All time high
|All time high||$79.45|
|All time high date||2018-01-08 (one year ago)|
|Since all time high||-94.35 %|
|24 hours||11.69 %|
|7 days||2.06 %|
|14 days||-15.99 %|
|30 days||-16.81 %|
|60 days||-46.80 %|
|1 year||-53.61 %|
|Merged pull requests||546|