0xBitcoin (0XBTC) News
Lets play a game as a community and form a list to see how many ERC20 tokens on Ethereum there are which have no owner, reserve fund or associated company (trustless). Why does 'trustlessness' matter? So that your store of value is not compromised by human actors; the entire fundamental purpose of cryptocurrency. Why does ERC20 matter? Because it is the most widely accepted cryptocurrency protocol in the world.
We will keep educational running lists with researched proof. Please post a comment if you have a new suggestion with proof, anything could be moved or changed. As always, read the smart contract to verify.
Trustless ERC20 Tokens (no owner/company/overlord control)
1) 0xBTC - All tokens created from pure mathematics
2) wEth - All tokens atomic swapped from ETH (technically there are infinite wEth contracts but this refers to the 'canonical' one)
Non-Trustess ERC20 Tokens (depend on centralized company decisions)
1) ZRX - All ICO tokens given to Will Warren and then sold in private centralized sale, he controls all decisions
2) BNB - All ICO tokens given to CZ and then sold in private centralized sale, he can freeze tokens at any time for any reason
3) WBTC - Infinite tokens can be minted or burned by Kyber&Associates at any time for any reason
4) MKR/DAI - Semi-trustful, must trust holders of MKR to vote intelligently and must trust the US Federal Reserve to not de-base the USD since that will debase your DAI
5) OYSTER - All ICO tokens given to Bruno, he printed nearly infinite tokens, dumped them and ran
6) OMG - All ICO tokens given to Omise Foundation, now sold to a larger corporation. Token solely depends on the utility and profitability of the company.
7) LINK - All ICO tokens given to Sergey Nazarov, who still holds 66% of the entire total supply. Token solely depends on the utility and profitability of his company.
8) MANA - All ICO tokens given to founders Esteban Ordano and Ari Meilich. Token solely depends on the utility and profitability of their video game company.
9) ---- please comment to add more or to add research ---
|24h Low / 24h High||$0.17833 / $0.21473|
All time high
|All time high||$4.66|
|All time high date||2018-06-06 (10 months ago)|
|Since all time high||-95.90 %|
|24 hours||5.10 %|
|7 days||11.51 %|
|14 days||-2.08 %|
|30 days||3.41 %|
|60 days||-25.80 %|
|Merged pull requests||3|